Monday, April 23, 2007

Things that I was thankful for last week

I know that there are a lot of things that I am wishing for, things that I have long prayed for and yet havent received. Despite this, I don't want to be discouraged and disappointed. I want to remain strong in my faith and to continually be grateful to all the blessings the Lord has given me. Beacuse of this, I would like to examine my life weekly, and check for the things that I am thankful for. Hopefully, as I acknowledge all the good things happening in my life, I would be a happier person...

1. Light workload
The weeks before and after the Holy Week were really very toxic. We were bombarded by tons of emails and faxes that need to be processed immediately. Thankfully, things came back to normal come Monday. We were back to working on a steady pace, and there were lots of time to relax and take a breather before we tackle the next case.

2. Going home to Laguna
Wednesday, Apr 18 was the wedding of my brother-in-law Jef to Malou. I arrived at about 630 pm already so I was not able to attend the ceremonies, but as with any other wedding day I suppose, the celebration extended til late at night so I was still able to share some of the joy that was abundant that day. There were still plenty of food left and I was able to enjoy lechon, sugpo, plus sweet and sour fish. Add to that a dessert of ice cream and my day was made!

3. Not being late Thursday
We left Pagsanjan at 430 and because there was a slight unexpected buildup in SLEX, I arrived just 6 minutes before login.

4. Golidilocks Production Manager
Jay got an interview invitation from Goldilocks for a Production Manager position. This may not end up as the right job for him but now, we welcome and are happy for every opportunity to land "that perfect job".

5. Going out with Jay and eating my favorites
Because of the kids, Jay and I rarely get the chance to have even just a simple date. Last Saturday though, we had the chance when Andre went to Pagsanjan with his Mamita. We went to Megamall as this is where our newest favorites could be bought. Razon's Halo-halo for him and Krispy kreme doughnuts for me. Yum yum.
While we were on the queue to park, we were almost regretting going to Megamall. The line was not moving at all, and we were thinking that it would take us hours before we could find a parking space. Thank God though that immediately after being allowed to enter the parking building, we were able to find a space for our car. Wow.
Another bonus for us that day is the complimentary donut that was given to us, even though we just bought 3 donuts. And being the glutton that I am, after eating my donuts and halo-halo, I still had to buy Spicy Cassava Chips from Matahari. Please forgive me, they're my favorites.

6. Inuman session with Jay
Weird as it may seem, Jay and I often have drinking sessions in our room. We would drink about a can of San Mig Ice each, or sometimes I would just drink Cali, and eat a bag or two of chips. It is just an activity that we enjoy doing. Sometimes we get tipsy, sometimes no effect, and there had been times we really hot drunk. Haha.

7. Sunday worship
After 4 long years, I attended worship again. Luckily, I was able to find a nearby church at home so I was not away for a long time. It was such a refreshing feeling ot be able to praise and worship God again with a congreagation. I felt really blessed and whole after. Truly an experience to be repeated.

8. Turon and Kwek-kwek
Lucky offered to share the expenses with me so we asked Inggo to buy ingredients for Turon and Kwek-kwek. Of course, I was the one who had to cook everything so it was a bity tiring. I did not mind it though because I feel good whenever I cook, as if I am fulfilling my role of being a wife. Haha. But as another reward, I ate plenty of kwek-kwek and turon.

No comments: