Monday, April 30, 2007

Maricris and my cortisol level



Why is it that getting irritated with people on TV beginning to be a habit for me?

It started out with this Hope girl. And now, the next victim: Maricris from PBB.

Well, I can hardly call her a victim. She is irritating and infuriating, and she really stresses me out. I actually dont want to go into the details of the things that makes me irritated with her, as I do not want to get my blood pressure up right now.

Suffice to say that I think watching PBB would definitely be easier to the heart if she would be removed ASAP. No one needs the heightened release of cortisol that watching her elicits. Cortisol they say, is the stress hormone, released in high levels to our body during stressful situations. While this hormone is an important and helpful part of the body’s response to stress, too much of it in prolonged levels have shown to have negative effects.

And to maintain my body's stress level, I'd rather remove her from the show than stop watching. Forgive me for being "masa" but I really like PBB.

*Please note that my irritation with her is not as a person, but as a character on TV. She has done nothing wrong to me personally, so the grudge I hold against her is not personal as well.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dog insurance
Having a reputable and caring place to leave your pet is important, not only for the well being of your pet, but also for your own peace of mind. If you are having behavior problems with pets it might be worth considering trying acupuncture in conjunction with behavior modification.