Thursday, April 05, 2007

Independence

Last night Jay and I had the house to ourselves and it gave me a feel again of how it is like to live on our own.

Of course, I loved it. There was peace in the air, as we were hearing no shouting or senseless chatter from people we are not really comfortable being with.

There was a feeling of independence, as we were (or Jay did) the one who cooked and cleaned.

There was freedom, as we were able to do anything we wanted.

And of course there was romance, as we know we were alone with each other. Haha.

The only thing missing I guess was the sight of our children playing, or the sound of them chattering. Andre babbling, displaying his speaking abilities more advanced for his age; and James mumbling, still unable to develop the skill for speaking.

I guess that is okay though. Occassionally being away from the kids, and spending quality time with each other is good for any couple. It makes you focus on just each other.

Sadly, the night was a bit tainted for me as I got a little disappointed. I was really not looking forward to going home to Pagsanjan from work alone, and Jay just confirmed with me last night that He is indeed going home early. It was a sacrifice I knew I had to make, but as all sacrifices are, it is something not to be thrilled about. Anyway, this belongs to another post.

All in all, last night's experience fuelled me even more to move out.

Unfortunately, there is not much for me to do now.

Pray, I guess...

No comments: