Monday, April 16, 2007

Renewed Faith

For a long time, I have been living in darkness. I moved and went through my life without the guiding light and hand of the Lord. I faced my problems, pursued my dreams, and simply lived my life by myself (technically with Jay, but in essence...), neglecting the relationship I once had with God. I had my excuses, valid ones none.

Recently, I am faced with some hardships that I find hard to overcome. I try to do all that is humanly possible, and yet nothing. I was almost losing hope, getting discouraged and depressed by the day. And then I heard Him knocking again.

I cant tell you how it happened, or what actually happened. All I can tell you is that in an instant, I was reading the bible and praying. I was crying when I finished. I realized then what was missing in my life, and that was the Lord.

Now, I could say I have a renewed relationship with Him. My faith was restored and my life is finally on the right track. I have yet to reach my dreams, but now that I have surrendered my life to Him, I know I would be there soon.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: