Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ang Birthday Ng Mahal Ko

Last April 8, my beloved husband celebrated his birthday. I wanted to give him something special, but he did not want me to buy anything for him. I had wanted to write him letters, but I do that everyday anyway, so scratch. I then thought of just preparing a simple feast for him. Simple, yes. A feast, not really. Hehe.

I am not really good in cooking, the only times I cooked was when we were living in San Pedro, so cooking for him on his birthday is really something I am happy about. I prepared spaghetti and mango cream cake for him. It was a simple merienda, but one that was prepared with much love. He said he liked what I cooked. Good. But I could not claim all credit as he also helped me in cooking the spaghetti. We shared the food with his family and mine, I did not hear any negative feedback so I guess I passed as a cook for a day. Haha.

I have to mention that we actually went to church and pray. We havent really done that much, and it may be one reason why our prayers are not yet being answered. So we went and we prayed. we asked for forgiveness, and we sought His help. We know we need His guidance in our lives, and we acknowledged that to Him. We went to the nearby mall afterwards and just let the babies enjoy their new bike.

Come dinnertime, we went to Yellowbell, the local bar and restaurant in Pagsanjan. I like it there because it has a nice ambience, and you have privacy because you have your own hut. We just had Japanese dinner and a bottle of beer each. We love drinking together. Hehe.

The day ended without me giving anything special to my love. I hope though that even with my simple actions, I was able to show him how much I love him, and how blessed I am that he was born into this world, and into my life...

No comments: