Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Feel Free / Rythm of The Night



I was greeted early morning today by this video. As I was not prepared to reminisce, nostalgia swept over me like a wave. I cant help but get teary-eyed as I watch scenes from my beloved Psychsoc days.

This video was taken way back 2002, when I was in my 3rd year. I was very active with Psychsoc then, attending almost all activities and participating very actively. There are people who do not understand the value of belonging to an organization in college. I do not blame them, as they were not able to experience the all that I have with Psychsoc.

The Psychsoc tambayan, or nook as we call it, was my home in college. I spent all my vacant hours there with those that I considered more than just friends, but family. These were the people I was with everyday, and made my college life truly memorable.

The dance was also from the same time, and seeing it makes me want to dance once again. I may not be considered a dancing queen, but dancing really is one of my passions. Unfortunately, it now belongs to the passions I am unable to cultivate.I no longer have the opportunities to dance now, and I truly miss it. When I dance, I feel so free and happy. No wonder I joined all dance presentations I could from grade school up to 3rd year college.

As I reflect on what this video was able to give me, I am reminded of a conversation that Jay and I once had regarding pictures. Photos, or in this case videos, are more than just an image of what you look like at a certain time and place in the past. They serve as a reminder not only of how you looked, but all the feelings and significance of the event that was captured. When I look at pictures, I get to remember how it was during that time, I get to feel all the joy, or even sadness once again.

And it makes life even more beautiful.




1 comment:

jaylar said...

pinatamaan p ako...
of course i did... n fact i stil do...
i just dont see it making me happy and complete.
im not just that type...
and i dont have the luxury of time (& money)to spare then...