Monday, January 08, 2007

Going... and almost not going... to La Mesa Ecopark


Went to La Mesa Ecopark yesterday.. The reason why I wanted to go was that I wanted to take pictures, and of course, I wanted my kids to be able to play... The park actually fell short of my expectations. I would not say though that it was because the park was not a nice place to go to, but maybe because I was really expecting something very beautiful. In general, it is a place wherein you would be able to relax and enjoy nature... A place to unwind, it could even be a good place to have dates.. You could have a picnic or just enjoy the nature trail that it offers. A little more maintenance is needed though. There does not seem to be enough flowers, and the few that are there are actually wilting already.

----------

Almost was not able to go actually... last Saturday, my sister and I were planning to go to Tagaytay, but we decided not to pursue it as there were rain clouds overhead. Sunday morning, the urge to go to a beautiful place still wont leave me. I checked the net, and suggested that we go to La Mesa Ecopark. My, was I excited! I really wanted to practice taking pictures and I know that this would be a wonderful opportunity to do so...
Sadly, my husband did not want to go. He said that he just wants to stay at home. His personality never was the type who wants to go out. We had a little bit of a fight: him saying why do I have to "force" unto him the kind of life that I want to lead, and me feeling that "Why can't you just sacrifice a little for something that you know would make me happy?"...

I understood him though... I know he just wanted to rest, so I did not "force" him anymore. I told him that ok, if he does not want to go, it is okay with me. BUT i am still going. I guess maybe he understood me as well because he eventually dressed up and joined us.

We did not discuss the issue again. Personally I think that it is not healthy. I would have wanted us to talk more, to make our feelings more known. But sometimes, you get tired of discussing. What's th epoint of bringing everything up again if things already worked out? Temporarily.

Maybe we could discuss it the next time I am gonna make plans for us to go out. Ha ha.

No comments: