Monday, January 22, 2007

Acting Single





Last Friday, Jay and Andre went home to Laguna and I had an opportunity to be single for one night. Not that I wanted to. I guess right now, I would always prefer to be at home with my family than to go out with my friends. Not that I don't want to be with my friends. In fact, I really do want to be with them, its just that I want to be with my family more. Anyway, since I have no family to go home to last Friday night ( except for James who is sleeping already), I met with some of my friends from college.

My phone's battery actually died at around 5pm, so I had to meet with them and wait without any form of communication. It was definitely difficult, because I was already getting bored and sleepy. We were supposed to meet at 7pm but it was already 745 and they were still not there.
Finally, Kite, Myk and our orgmate Fides finally arrived. On their hands were their Christmas gifts for me and my babies. Thoughful! Well, Kite and Myk are Ninangs of my sons so they should have gifts for them. Haha.

We went to Megamall and they shopped at Plains&Prints, while I just looked at the items. I don't have the luxury that they have of shopping expensive (even if on sale) items. We went to Cafe Donatello afterwards to eat. Myk and Kite actually offered to treat me, and I was actually tempted to agree since I only have P200 left in my wallet. Haha. I declined though. Somehow my pride got in the way, making me feel that I don't really want to always be the poor one. Haha. As if it's not true.

We made chikas, exchanged updates and generally made kwento about our lives, and the lives of our friends. It was nice talking to them. I always enjoy our times together. Of course, I would want to see them more often. That is why I like inviting them to our place, so that I would get to see them, and still be with my family. Selfish; wanting everything. Hehe.

Anyway, the night ended with the promise of seeing one another again soon. Maybe in mid-Feb, when Kite gives birth. Can't wait!

No comments: