Thursday, May 03, 2007

Take Me Home

It is just 15 more minutes til I get home. 15 minutes seem short when you are having a break, or when you are already running late, but it seems like an eternity when you're waiting to get home.

I am doing nothing yet I am very tired. My muscles are sore, my head aching, and as if that is not enough, my stomach's rumbling as well.

I want to go home, and yet I am bothered with the knowledge that I will soon be facing horrendous traffic in an uncomfortable van.

Maybe there is a way to simply shut my eyes and I'm home. Maybe there is magic...

Will a fairy please wave a magic wand over me... Get me home before I become too tired to be a good company to my family...

Or maybe I don't need magic...

Lord, give me patience... that I might not get infuriated with the traffic..
give me strength.. that I might have enough energy to last me through the rest of the day..

No comments: